What can a registered dietitian do for me?
Dietitians are highly qualified professionals educated in science, management, human development, and health of populations. As trusted professionals, dietitians fill many roles, depending on where they work.
Many different kinds of people seek guidance from a registered dietitian for many reasons. Some individuals are concerned with wellness, disease prevention, athletic performance enhancement, or feeding concerns with children, while others are trying to manage their medical conditions or struggle with food and meal planning on a budget. Because it can be difficult to figure out which foods make up a healthy diet, registered dietitians are available to help you create a plan that meets your individual health needs and goals.
What the dietitian will do
• Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
• Education about evidenced-based nutrition; to separate factual info from “urban legends and myth”
• Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
• Help you identify triggers for negative eating patterns; work on behavioral change to remedy these patterns
• Address emotionally-driven eating patterns and habits
• Work on negative food/eating and body image relationships
• Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
• Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
• Create an individualized meal pattern or design a personalized meal plan for you
We see a variety of clients struggling with ongoing chronic or newly diagnosed conditions such as:
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Obesity or weight management
• High cholesterol
• Heart Disease
• Digestive Issues including irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel conditions
• Disordered eating patterns
• Allergies and food intolerances
• Nutrition for performance
• Prenatal nutrition
Registration: Artists' Toolbox
June 30, 2018
Fill in the form below and select which events you want to register for, including the number of spaces you want to reserve (under “quantity”). If you have any problems registering online, you can do so over the phone by calling 416-351-0239. Season Summary Narrative Wellbeing ...
Maintaining Creative Energy
March 13, 2018
This workshop addresses creative fatigue and combats the isolation that plagues artistic work. Through activities facilitated by an expert drama educator, participants identify and discuss sources of their creative energy. Explore how your personal and professional stories, and the places you come ...
January 25, 2018
This workshop addresses the fact that artistic practice can entail unhealthy habits. Facilitated by a registered dietitian and a physiotherapist, this workshop will help artists gain individual insight into their own habits in regards to diet, exercise and sleep. Create sustainable patterns and ...