What can a registered dietitian do for me?
Dietitians are highly qualified professionals educated in science, management, human development, and health of populations. As trusted professionals, dietitians fill many roles, depending on where they work.
Many different kinds of people seek guidance from a registered dietitian for many reasons. Some individuals are concerned with wellness, disease prevention, athletic performance enhancement, or feeding concerns with children, while others are trying to manage their medical conditions or struggle with food and meal planning on a budget. Because it can be difficult to figure out which foods make up a healthy diet, registered dietitians are available to help you create a plan that meets your individual health needs and goals.
What the dietitian will do
• Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
• Education about evidenced-based nutrition; to separate factual info from “urban legends and myth”
• Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
• Help you identify triggers for negative eating patterns; work on behavioral change to remedy these patterns
• Address emotionally-driven eating patterns and habits
• Work on negative food/eating and body image relationships
• Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
• Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
• Create an individualized meal pattern or design a personalized meal plan for you
We see a variety of clients struggling with ongoing chronic or newly diagnosed conditions such as:
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Obesity or weight management
• High cholesterol
• Heart Disease
• Digestive Issues including irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel conditions
• Disordered eating patterns
• Allergies and food intolerances
• Nutrition for performance
• Prenatal nutrition
Explore Artistic Identity in Writing
September 27, 2017
The role of writing in promoting wellbeing is an emerging field in personal and professional development. In this workshop, we will use writing exercises as an avenue to promote reflection, self-expression and insight into our professional identities as artists. Writing is a creative and versatile ...
Narrative Competency Psychotherapy
August 23, 2017
Please note: Space is limited. To register, you will need to book an assessment. More details are on the bottom of the page. The Narrative Group is a creative opportunity for artists who share an interest in writing and the discussion of writing. Learning how to write your own stories and sharing ...
Registration: Artists' Toolbox
June 30, 2018
Fill in the form below and select which events you want to register for. Season Summary Narrative Wellbeing for Artists: Exploring Identity Through Writing Facilitated by Karen Gold, MSW, PhD | Wednesday Sept 27 2017 | Canadian Music Centre (Yonge and ...