What can a registered dietitian do for me?
Dietitians are highly qualified professionals educated in science, management, human development, and health of populations. As trusted professionals, dietitians fill many roles, depending on where they work.
Many different kinds of people seek guidance from a registered dietitian for many reasons. Some individuals are concerned with wellness, disease prevention, athletic performance enhancement, or feeding concerns with children, while others are trying to manage their medical conditions or struggle with food and meal planning on a budget. Because it can be difficult to figure out which foods make up a healthy diet, registered dietitians are available to help you create a plan that meets your individual health needs and goals.
What the dietitian will do
• Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
• Education about evidenced-based nutrition; to separate factual info from “urban legends and myth”
• Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
• Help you identify triggers for negative eating patterns; work on behavioral change to remedy these patterns
• Address emotionally-driven eating patterns and habits
• Work on negative food/eating and body image relationships
• Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
• Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
• Create an individualized meal pattern or design a personalized meal plan for you
We see a variety of clients struggling with ongoing chronic or newly diagnosed conditions such as:
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Obesity or weight management
• High cholesterol
• Heart Disease
• Digestive Issues including irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel conditions
• Disordered eating patterns
• Allergies and food intolerances
• Nutrition for performance
• Prenatal nutrition
STRESSED! Workshop Series
May 02, 2019
Stress is a tricky part of life. Too much of it, and you’re a blob on the floor. Too little of it, and you’re a blob on the floor. For artists, stress comes not only from the normal pressures of life, but also from the precarious nature of the arts sector which usually means too little time, ...
OVERWHELMED! Strategies to Regain Clarity ***Rescheduled***
February 13, 2019
Please note: New date/time ***February 13, 2019 4:30-6:30 pm What’s this got to do with stress? Feeling overwhelmed is a particular aspect of stress. In this workshop, gain perspectives, tools and techniques to help overcome this specific stress experience. In this workshop, you can ...
COMPLEMENTARY! Live Well with Stress
March 06, 2019
What’s this got to do with stress? Explore a range of complementary care strategies such as Shiatsu Therapy, a Japanese massage involving pressure points, as well as acupressure, mindfulness and more to help you live well with stress. In this workshop, you can expect to: Understand how it is ...